How To Make Your Supermarket Pizza Taste Better[shareaholic app=”share_buttons” id=”15888464″]
There are only a few things you can do to make your frozen supermarket pizza taste better:
1. Add cheese.If you’re going to add extra grated cheese on your frozen supermarket pizza, it’s wise to first remove any meat or vegetables. After you have added the cheese, place them back on top otherwise they will be hidden under a blanket of cheese. This may prevent the heat to sufficiently cook through the meat or vegetables.
What cheese you add is a matter of taste, but there are some things worth noting. Ignore these and you may end up with a soggy base and/or an extremely greasy pizza.
– Beware “wet” cheeses, such as burrata. Your domestic oven is not that hot and any watery excess will likely soak into your base.
– Keep hard cheeses, such as cheddar, to a minimum because they sweat off fat and moisture when heated.
– Go easy on the amount because you don’t need half as much cheese as you think since it’s going to melt and spread.
2. Add meat.If you’re going to add extra meat on your frozen supermarket pizza, it’s wise to cook or partially cook it first depending on how long the pizza will be in the oven and how dry you like your meat. Pizzas were designed to be topped with thinly sliced ingredients so cured meats like ham, salami, or chorizo work best. Bacon will cook in the 10-20 minutes it takes to heat up a frozen pizza but it won’t necessarily be crispy so it’s better to pan-fry it and then add it near the end.
3. Add vegetables.If you’re going to add extra vegetables on your frozen supermarket pizza, be prepared to get your hands dirty. Not only do vegetables need to be finely sliced, many also require significant prep work. Sliced tomatoes is the easiest to add because it works well as a pizza addition despite its water content. Bell peppers need to be roasted and skinned because of their tough bitter plastic-like skin. Onions need to be sweated or they will emerge from the oven hot but oddly raw in texture. Mushrooms and leeks need to be softened in a little garlic butter mixture first or they will end up shriveled and dehydrated.
4. Add extras.If you’re going to add herbs, it should be fresh and only added as it is served. Rubbing olive oil into the exposed rim softens up the often inedible edge of a drier base. Adding a few spoonfuls of pesto over a pizza is almost never a bad thing. Feel free to add any essential seasonings as well.
The amount of work needed to make a frozen supermarket pizza taste better can be daunting.Ordering a fresh pizza (or two) from your local pizzeria is the ultimate time saver if you want to enjoy a hot slice of pizza full of delicious toppings. At ‘zza Odyssey, you can build your own pizza using fresh ingredients (12 kinds of veggies, 10 different meats, 8 daily made sauces, and a variety of cheeses and toppings to choose from) or try one of their signature favorites. Your can dine in, take out, or have them deliver your order straight to your doorstop. Make sure to use the coupon below to get up to $4 off your next specialty pizza!
Print This Coupon
[shareaholic app=”share_buttons” id=”15888464″]